TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF TSS
The Schooling Society Pte. Ltd. operates a primary school enrichment programme under the name of “The Schooling Society” or “TSS” in Singapore (hereinafter also referred to as “the Centre“).
The enrolment of the student for the subject(s) indicated in the Application Form (“Registered Subject(s)”) shall be conditional upon the agreement to the following:
- Our curriculum is structured as 4 Terms per year. Term 1 – 4 for P1 to P5 comprises of 12 weeks each (48 weeks in total). Term 1 & 2 for P6 comprises of 12 weeks each while Term 3 & 4 comprises of 8 weeks (40 weeks in total).
- Each week’s lesson is carried out based on a “Monday-Sunday week” cycle.
- Students are expected to attend all the lessons that they have signed up for. Students and parents are strongly advised to refer to the TSS Calendar. There will be no pro-rated refund of the Term Fee paid for the Registered Subject(s), even if the student has valid reason(s) for missing the schedule class(es).
- Registration Fee: $50 (excluding GST) per student.
- Deposit: $100 per Registered Subject.
- Fee for each Registered Subject per Term (“Term Fee”) is as per published by the Centre.
- The Term Fee shall be paid 1 month in advance prior to the commencement of the next Term.
- In the event the Term Fee remains unpaid at the start of the next Term, TSS reserves the right to disallow the student from attending any class(es) for the next Term. The Centre shall deem that the student has withdrawn from the Registered Subject(s) and shall have the Deposit forfeited. Such students shall be required to pay another Deposit should they wish to resume lessons, subject to availability.
- Notwithstanding the abovesaid, where the student is registered for any of the Registered Subject(s) after the TSS Curriculum Year has begun, the student shall be entitled to receive worksheets/materials only from the date the student begins attending the Registered Subject(s).
- The Centre reserves the right to change/ replace the instructor to any of the scheduled classes;
- The Centre reserves the right to cancel a class for any of the Registered Subject(s). In such a situation, the parent and/or student may choose to attend another scheduled class or can opt to withdraw and receive a refund of the unutilised Term Fee and Deposit paid.
- Unless otherwise stated, all Term Fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable across students and subjects. The Deposit is refundable subject to Clause 6 stated hereinbelow and can be used to offset for any outstanding owed to the Centre.
- The Centre reserves the right to amend the Registration Fee, Deposit and/or Term Fee with at least 1 month’s notice to the parents.
3.Mode of Payment
- By Cheque: Crossed-cheque only, addressed to “The Schooling Society Pte Ltd”. Please write the student’s name and level at the back of the cheque.
- By Credit/Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa) or NETS at the Centre.
- By Bank Transfer: Our bank account number is stated on our Tax Invoice.
Kindly state the student’s name and level in the bank payment’s remark. Thereafter, please email the payment details to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can record your payment and issue an official receipt to you.
4.Public Holidays/Make-up Classes
- Some scheduled classes will not be held on public holidays as gazetted by the Ministry of Manpower. There will be no replacement classes and no pro-rated refund of the Term Fee if any of the scheduled classes fall on these public holidays. Kindly refer to TSS Calendar to identify which public holidays will affect the scheduled classes. Worksheets/materials for the affected scheduled classes will be given to the students.
- In the event the student fails to attend a class in the Registered Subject(s), the Centre may at its sole discretion and goodwill, allow the student to make-up the missed lesson by attending another on-going class with the same “Monday-Sunday week” cycle provided that (a) a written notice via email is given at least a week beforehand unless the absence is due to an unexpected situation such as sudden illness, (b) there is a forthcoming class of the same subject and (c) there is a vacancy in the class that the student intends to attend as the make-up class.
- Each student is limited to two make-up classes per Term per Registered Subject.
- In the event that it is not possible to arrange a make-up class, worksheet/materials for the relevant week cycle will be given to the student. There will be no pro-rated refund of the Term Fee paid for the Registered Subject(s), even if the student has valid reason(s) for missing the schedule class(es).
- In the event the student wishes to transfer to another class of the same Registered Subject(s), the parent is required to email us (email@example.com) as soon as possible. Whilst waiting for the request for transfer to be approved by the Centre, the student shall continue with the existing scheduled class(es).
- Where the request for transfer has been approved by the Centre, the student and parent will be duly notified about the commencement of the new allotted class(es).
- The Centre shall endeavour to comply with such a request but shall not be liable for any loss from the failure to comply with the transfer request.
- In the event that the Centre is unable to comply with the transfer request and the parent decided to withdraw the student from the Registered Subject(s), the email shall not constitute the written notice described in Clause 6 below under any circumstances.
- The Centre reserves the right to, and shall in its sole discretion, to transfer, combine or dissolve a class and change instructor as it sees fit.
6.Notice of Withdrawal
- Where a student wants to withdraw from any of the Registered Subject(s), kindly email to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 1 month prior to the end of the Term. In the event that less than 1 month’s notice is given, there will be no refund of the Deposit. Any unattended class(es) for the remaining of the Term shall be forfeited and no pro-rated refund of the Term Fee shall be entertained.
- Parent should not send the student to class if:
(a) The student is ill/unwell;
(b) The Student is under medical sick leave; or
(c) The student is suspected of having contracted a contagious disease (ie. chicken pox/ HFMD) or if any of the student’s family members has contracted a contagious disease. In this instance, the Centre must be informed immediately.
8.Undertaking by Parents and Students
- Due to the proprietary nature of our curriculum materials, they are under the protection of existing intellectual property laws. Parents and students hereby undertake not to photocopy, copy, scan or digitalise our curriculum materials in any form (whether in colour or black & white) as well as not to distribute and/or publish online such materials to others.
- Should there be a breach of the above undertaking, TSS reserves the right to take appropriate legal action in respect of all losses/damages suffered by TSS as a result of the wrongful and unauthorised disclosure and/or distribution of information.
- While the Centre will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety and security of our students at our premises, the Centre assumes no liability whatsoever and howsoever caused, for any death, personal injury, loss, damage or expense, which may be caused to or experienced by any of our students and their belongings.
- In the unlikely event of such occurrence and in the event any liability may be attached to us, our liability in all cases shall be strictly and solely limited to the Term Fee paid by the affected student.
- The parent will accept full responsibility for any damage caused by the student to the premises (including fittings, furnishings and equipment).
- The Centre reserves the right to unilaterally expel any student who exhibits unacceptable behaviour.
- The Centre reserves the right to use any photos taken of the students in the Centre’s promotional/marketing materials (whether in print or in digital format).
- The Application Form and the Terms and Conditions contained herein, shall supercede any prior written or oral agreement between the student/parent and the Centre relating to the student’s enrolment in the Registered Subject(s) and the parties confirm that they have not entered into this agreement on the basis of any representations that are not expressly incorporated in this document.
10.Changes to the Terms and Conditions
- TSS reserves the right to amend, add or remove any of the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
11.Personal Data Protection Policy
- The parent consents to the collection, use and disclosure of his/her personal data as well as the personal data of the student in accordance with the purposes specified in the Centre’s Personal Data Protection Policy. More details can be found at https://theschoolingsociety.com.sg/pdpp/