This Document explains how personal information are collected and the manner in which it may be used or disclosed by The Schooling Society Pte Ltd (herein referred to as “TSS”).
All references in this Document to “TSS”, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to TSS. All references in this Document to “client”, “you” and “your” refer to the individual(s) who accepted or proposes to accept products or services oferred by TSS.
TSS is committed to respect your privacy and we aim to maintain a high level of trust with all our clients and prospective clients by adhering to the principles of applicable data protection and privacy laws under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012. TSS reserves the right to amend the belowstated policy from time to time as it deems necessary.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED AND USED
TSS collects personal information so that we can provide an experience that is responsive and customized to your needs and enables us to carry out our business activities. Examples of personal information we collect include:
- Personal data about you and your family members, which may include names, identification particulars, contact details, preferences, educational information, demographic data, payment details, transaction history and general photos/videos of TSS classroom activities and events;
- Information and data generated in the course of any continual relationship with TSS, for example, instructions given by you to arrange class enrolments, transfers, replacements, withdrawals, and other information and records you choose to provide by various modes of communication including email, telephone, SMS, fax, social media, internet and market research; and
- Information from cookies, other technologies deployed by TSS for the analysis of website usage or other information technology applications in delivering and/or communicating its services.
PURPOSES OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
TSS collects personal information from you, your family members, your authorised representatives, publicly available sources, our website, mobile services, emails, phone conversations and face-to-face interactions with our employees, officers and directors.
The purposes (collectively referred to as “Permitted Purposes”) for which TSS collects, uses and discloses personal information include:
- To evaluate and process your admission application;
- To assist you with your queries in relation to TSS’s services including class and student management and payment & invoicing administration;
- To engage and update on your child’s progress;
- To improve and maintain service quality levels such as resolving complaints and handling requests and enquiries;
- To maintain accurate your information in our records;
- To follow up on the renewal for a new term;
- For marketing and communication of TSS’s services ;
- To perform internal management, to operate management information systems, to carry out and enable internal and external audits;
- To monitor and record calls and electronic communications with clients for record-keeping, quality control, training and case investigations;
- To enforce or defend the rights of TSS, its employees, officers and directors; and
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
TSS may disclose personal information for any of the Permitted Purposes to:
- All employees, officer and directors of TSS in the performance of his/her duty in fulfilling the Permitted Purpose;
- Professional consultants, third party service providers, agents or contractors engaged to support TSS’s business operations under a duty of confidentiality;
- Any court, tribunal, regulator or person to whom disclosure is necessary under applicable laws or regulations.
From time to time, we may contact you via email, telephone call, SMS or social media platforms, to inform you with respect to our new courses/workshops and events that we think may be of interest to you.
ACCURACY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We will take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Data remains accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Should there be a need to update or make changes to your Personal Data, you may do so by contacting us via mail or email (details hereinbelow stated).
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain personal information in accordance with legal, regulatory, business and operational obligations.
YOUR RIGHT OF ACCESS
You have the right to request a copy of your personal information held by us and to request for any inaccurate personal information to be rectified. A request can be submitted to us via mail or email (details hereinbelow stated). Kindly note that TSS reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the use or continued use of TSS’s services shall be deemed as your agreement and consent to be bound by our PDP Policy. You may submit a request to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us via mail or email (details hereinbelow stated).
Feel free to contact us for any enquiries and requests:
Personal Data Protection Officer
The Schooling Society Pte Ltd
1 Fifth Avenue #02-01/02/03/04
email@example.com (Attention: Personal Data Protection Officer)